Bicycle Accident Lawyers Protecting You
New Jersey Bicycle Accident Lawyers
New Jersey Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Bike accident injuries can be severe, if not fatal. Our bicycle accident attorneys will review your case and give you the right advice, whether it’s a minor traffic accident or a more severe injury.
Cyclists have the same right to use the roads as motor vehicles. Unfortunately, many drivers fail to recognize cyclists’ rights. Bikers are regularly side-swiped and run off the road by aggressive or distracted drivers.
In most cases, liability for a bicycle accident falls on the other motorist who did not share the road with the cyclist. A driver who violates traffic laws or is otherwise negligent or reckless puts everyone else on the road in danger and increases the risk of a serious injury accident.
The New Jersey Bike Accident lawyers at Clark & DiStefano Personal Injury Attorneys will evaluate your case for free and help you determine how to proceed. Our bicycle accident attorneys have a comprehensive knowledge of the laws that govern these cases and will use our experience and resources to help you fight for a fair settlement.
Common Types of Bicycle Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions – This is one of the most common types of bicycle collisions and occurs when a vehicle strikes a bicyclist from behind. Bicyclists often suffer serious injuries and are at risk of being run over by the at-fault driver.
- Dooring Collisions – A dooring collision occurs when the driver of a parked vehicle opens the vehicle’s door directly in front of a moving bicyclist. The opened door blocks the bicyclist’s path without giving them enough time to react.
- Right-Cross Collisions – This occurs when a vehicle is pulling out of a side street, alley, driveway or parking lot to a bicyclist’s right side. The bicyclist is then struck as they pass in front of the vehicle or when the driver pulls out too fast for the bicyclist to react and avoid being hit.
- Left-Cross Collisions – This collision occurs when a vehicle traveling in the opposite direction of the bicyclist makes a left turn in front of the bicyclist’s path.
- Right-Hook Collisions – This type of collision occurs when a vehicle passes to the left of a bicyclist and then makes a right turn in front of the bicyclist. The bicyclist is then struck by the vehicle or cannot avoid crashing into the vehicle
You Are Entitled To Compensation for Your Damages
If you are the victim of a bicycle collision you are entitled to financial compensation to cover the costs of your damages. Our team of experienced attorneys can help you file a claim to find remedy for any of the following reasons.
- Medical expenses
- Damaged Equipment
- Pain and suffering
- Corrective surgery
- Lost wages
Speak With Our New Jersey Bicycle Accident Attorneys About Your Case Today!
The New Jersey Bicycle Accident lawyers at Clark & DiStefano Personal Injury Attorneys are ready to answer your questions and aggressively represent your interests. We will evaluate your case in a free consultation and provide comprehensive legal guidance through every step of the proceedings. Call us today at (732) 528-9111 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free case evaluation.
What Should I Do After a Bike Accident?
Our New Jersey personal injury attorneys understand how traumatizing a bike accident can be. If you find yourself the victim of a bike accident in New Jersey, then some steps to take include:
- Contact the police. The police will create a report documenting the bike accident. The driver may attempt to blame the cyclist. If this happens, then keep calm and speak with the police. Do not apologize, even if you feel you may be partly to blame for the bicycle crash. Make sure the police include your side of the incident in the police report. Inform them of all injuries sustained, major or minor.
- Gather witness and driver contact information. Identify anybody who witnessed the bicycle accident and exchange contact information with them. Witness testimony can really help in civil court. If the driver remains at the scene of the bike accident, then take down his or her contact information, driver’s license number and insurance information.
- Preserve evidence. Take note of road conditions, time of day and precise location of the bike accident. If you are injured, then have a witness write it down for you. Do not fix your bike or wash your clothes from the day of the bike accident. Every piece of evidence can be useful in the litigation process.
- Seek medical attention. Get medical help for any accident injuries. Your medical record will serve as official proof of injury. Sometimes injuries that seem minor during the initial shock of a bike accident turn out to be more serious than originally expected.
- Consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Speak with our personal injury attorneys who can help file a bicycle accident claim with the driver’s insurance company, represent your rights in court and work to gain the injury compensation you deserve.
Neptune, NJ 07753
45+Years of Legal Representation
At Clark & DiStefano we are attentive, always focusing on the needs of our clients. We develop strategies that are tailored to each individual case, and we treat our clients as strategic partners in achieving a common goal. We endeavor to think outside of the box and formulate cost-effective strategies. Lastly, we believe in prompt communications with clients so they have predictability for reserve setting and sufficient time for studied pre-trial evaluations and recommendations.
Experienced. Attentive. Results
Attorney Advertising Disclaimer
This website is for informational purposes only and does not provide legal advice. Please do not act or refrain from acting based on anything you read on this site. Using this site or communicating with Clark & DiStefano, PC through this site does not form an attorney/client relationship. This site is legal advertising. Please review the full disclaimer for more information.